Connect with Little Lamm & Co.

gold facebook photo gold_facebook_zpseb70d3fe.png gold pinterest photo goldt_pinterest_zps33964411.png

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Carrie │ Triatholon


Recently my sister competed in a half Iron man triathlon,and she documented her progress over sixteen weeks with daily posts on Instagram and Facebook. I wanted top physically capture what she accomplished, so I downloaded and printed her posts, and organized them by week in pocket pages.

I used pocket pages with nine 4x4” pockets, and included a filler card with the date and week number in each spread. Since most weeks only had five or six posts,I made other filler cards using papers, word arts and elements from Amie’s Capture kit. I also used a handful of papers, elements and word arts from the Blackboard and Start kits. Since I wanted the emphasis to be on the images and words my sister chose to document her journey, I intentionally kept the filler pages very simple – a single piece of patterned paper, word art on a white background, or a small element cluster on a white background. I also minimized the number of colors I used –primarily white and black, two shades of pink and two shades of turquoise.

Lastly, because pocket pages always seem to tear, I reinforced the hole punches with strips of washi tape on either side of the page. The washi tape I used for this project is from Ikea.




One of those kids who filled notebook after notebook with stories straight out of her imagination, Carrie started scrapbooking as a way to tell her family's stories with pictures (and journaling, of course).  Living at 6,300 feet above sea level in Colorado, she and her family spend as much time as possible outdoors - hiking, mountain biking, rock climbing, camping and skiing, or just reading and enjoying the view.


No comments:

Post a Comment